Monday, July 26, 2010

Why I love Twitter

As an eDisharmony dropout, I've long been skeptical of online dating. They claim to have an intense measurement of compatability, but I'm not so sure about that. Perhaps it would work if you could measure the critical element of attraction, but let's face it, attraction is an intangible force that moves acquaintance to friendship and friendship to romance.

So while online dating didn't work out so well for me (I'm talking to you, stalker), the internet has led to some pretty cool friendships. Social media has totally improved my social life.

In other words, I've gone from internet quitter to social Twitter.

I know many of you don't get the allure of Twitter. You don't understand the need to know my random thoughts in 140-character spurts, but I am addicted to it. It's how I get all of my news.

And it's also a great way to recognize the coolness of folks you might not normally get to know. It blurs the lines of friendship development, and allows you to feel comfortable around someone the first time you meet them if you've been following their tweets before you even know their deets.

So thank you, Twitter, for my new pals John and Mark and my not-so-new friend Krista. I'd write you a thank-you note, but my API is currently unavailable.

1 comment:

Lori B said...

I still am uncomfortable using Twitter and await my personal tutoring lesson!!! Love the new blog design!! Don't know for sure when this happened because the last time I checked you were re-finishing furniture!!