Tuesday, June 22, 2010

The audacity of sloth

Eh. I find myself suffering from overwhelming apathy these days.

I'm not sure if it's the excessive heat and humidity or just my general propensity toward laziness, but I can't seem to get excited about anything this week. Granted, I'm having a bit of trouble with the big 38 looming over the weekend. And while no one likes to be the center of attention more than I, I'm not having fun planning birthday parties and festivities and find myself wanting to just take a nap.

For the past three days I've slept through my running alarm. My afternoon meeting was canceled today, so I just now brushed my teeth for the first time today. I fell asleep around 4 o'clock this afternoon and slept for two hours, which meant that I had to work when I woke up.

Now I need to exercise and grocery shop, but I don't want to do either.

This does not bode well for my 10K on Saturday. Running 6.2 miles in the best of conditions is challenging for me. Doing it when it's a thousand degrees on my birthday? Yeah, I'm not so sure about that.

Oh, motivation, would you please show up? I need some energy, please. And birthday cake.

No comments: